Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Harry Munter


Watched a movie called Harry Munter last night. Into the top ten it goes! Brilliant offbeat Swedish Harold & Maude vibes. It's about a teen inventor who paints his face blue and walk around on stilts. He's created a machine that makes sine waves and attracts slimy American investors who want to move his family to New York. Meanwhile he makes friends with various lost hearts -- an alcoholic former soccer star, a paranoid who believes she is being followed, an octogenarian who loves to have her back scrubbed in the tub. There's a brilliant sequence near the end in which each character's deepest wishes are fulfilled in Harry's sun-drenched, drug-induced reverie -- kind of reminded me of Hirokazu Kore-eda's After Life. So good! Watch here.

3 comments:

  1. thank you! it looks cool! i'm gonna watch it tonight. what's your top ten? i'm curious to know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question -- I'd have to think about that!

      Delete
  2. (Download) $12,234 in 2 months GAMBLING App?

    Let me get it right.

    I dont care about sports. Shame on me but I dont even know the football rules. Never cared less.

    I tried every thing from stocks & forex to internet marketing and affiliate products.. I even made some money but then blew it all when the stock market went south.

    I think I finally found it. Get It Now!

    ReplyDelete